Dance the night away with
At home in a cavernous concert hall, a standing-room-only arena, or a small formal affair, The Neighborhood is sure to bring the crowd to its feet.Together since 1982, The Neighborhood is a group of talented performers who in their youth all sang together on the same New York street corners.
With a repertory of nearly 100 songs, The Neighborhood specializes in hits from the fifties and sixties. However, these singers are just as engaging when performing some of their newer material from the seventies and eighties. The Neighborhood appeals to everyone's musical taste and the audiences never get enough, as evidenced by the brisk sales of the group's recently released recordings.
The Neighborhood consists of four talented and versatile vocalists, all of whom interchangeably sing lead, three knowledgeable and experienced musicians, and a superb brass section (an attribute not many groups can boast). The Neighborhood is excitingly unique.
The Neighborhood's talent, showmanship, and on-stage chemistry make each and every one of its appearances something special for the audience as well as the group. Everyone gets caught up in the excitement. You can count on The Neighborhood for any concert, affair or function, from weddings to lodge dances to concerts.
People who visit The Neighborhood just don't want to leave!
The Neighborhood has appeared on some of the most famous stages with some of America's greatest entertainers.
Appearances with Popular Entertainers include . . .
- JERRY LEWIS NATIONAL MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY TELETHON
- MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
- RAINBOW FOUNDATlON (Make a Wish) Atlantic City, NJ
- STUDIO 54 with Stiller and Meara Variety Show
- GROSSINGERS RESORT- Catskill, New York
- FRIAR TUCK INN RESORT - Catskill, New York
- REGINE'S NIGHT CLUB - New York City
- VISTA INTERNATIONAL HOTEL - New York City
- OMNI PARK CENTRAL HOTEL - New York City
- SHERIDAN CENTER - New York City
- Tony Orlando
- Bobby Rydell
- Tiny Tim
- Leslie Gore
- Lou Christie
- Johnny Maestro & the Brooklyn Bridge
- The Crests
- Little Anthony
- The Drifters
- The Platters
- The Coasters
- Larry Chance & the Earls
- Arlene Smith & the Chantels
- The Five Satins
- The Harptones
- Earl Lewis & the Channels
- The Crystals
- The Del Vikings
- The Dubs
- The Shirelles
- Joey Dee
- The Impalas
- The Chiffons
- Vito & the Elegants
- Lenny Coco & the Chimes
- The Duprees
- WCBS-FM Radio, NY - Don K Reed's "Doo Wop Shop"
- WCNJ-89.3 Radio, NJ - "Oldies Are Back for Good" Show
- WNYG-AM Radio, NY - Mickey B Oldie Show
APPEARANCES FOR VARIOUS ORGANIZATIONS
- "Welcome to the Neighborhood"
- "Welcome Back to the Neighborhood"
- Two Jingles for Don K Reed's "Doo Wop Shop" (WCBS-FM, NY)
- Hudson County PBA, N.J.
- Hawthorne Lodge, Hawthorne, N.J.
- Masonic Lodge, Cliffside Park, N.J.
- V.F.W., Garfield, N.J.
- American Legion, Elmwood Park, N.J.
- Elks Club, Garfield, N.J.
- North Haledon Fire Department, North Haledon, N.J.
- Alumni Association, College of Staten Island, N.Y.
- Good Shepherd's Men's Club, N.Y.
- Alumni Association, St. Joseph's Church, N.Y.
- Alumni Association, Old St. Patrick's Cathedral, N.Y.
- Mt. Cannel Outdoor Festival, N.Y.
- Festival of St. Gennaro, N.Y.
FOR BOOKING AND SHOW INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL
ROSS: (201) 945-3978
CARMINE: Home (516) 752-1568 10am til 3pm or Work (212) 564-1385 4:30pm til 1:30am
Or E-mail us c/o WLCR New York
Neighborhood Home Page /
1996 Gigs / Song Snatches / Clippings
WLCR New York
Last Updated: 14-July-06